Attention Artist-Entrepreneurs! Step Up Your Game To Level-Next
Posted by Renita on Thursday, February 23, 2012
Finally, mentoring designed for the business-minded artist and creative entrepreneur ready to take things to the next level!
You know you’re talented, and your desire, drive and determination are unquestionable, but you’re still waiting on that big break.
#SUYG_LevelNext is designed to take you from WAITING for the world to discover you to TAKING on the world head first.
This program is for a special group of people we like to call Artist-Entrepreneurs. These are “Slash Artists” who juggle more than a few projects and wear more than a few hats. Take the quiz below to see if you’re one of us! Find out more about the program right here.
You Might Be An Artist-Entrepreneur If…
1. You seek out your own engagements/employment (even if you have a manager/agent).
2. You handle your own fee negotiations.
3. You service your own gig dates, events and business proposals (handle contracts, itineraries, riders, travel & accommodations, etc.).
4. You moonlight as your own in-house PR person and graphic designer; making your own eblasts, newsletters and hard copy flyers, posters and handouts.
5. You manage your multiple social media platforms. Maybe you even designed and maintain your own website.
6. You brainstorm and design your own creative projects.
7. You spend time networking and fostering creative partnerships with other artists.
8. You teach a studio, manage a boutique, or sell other artistic products and services slightly or completely related to your art. This brings in supplementary, or possibly primary income for you.
9. In your concerts, exhibit openings or other productions, you’re not just the personality on stage but you’re the driving force behind the scenes as well.
10. You have multiple artistic or business related talents that you can use to increase your income and your influence.
11. You have a family that depends on (or would greatly benefit from) your art being more profitable.
If you’ve answered “Yes” to the majority of these questions then you know the value of hard work and the value of your art. You’re ready to expand your options strategically and you believe you deserve both a rewarding and profitable career that doesn’t have to be fraught with stress…or starvation!